At Foundations we believe children learn by playing within the natural environment. Educators are encouraged to incorporate the natural elements into their program wherever possible including sand and mud, water, stones, rocks, wood and the wide open spaces.
The educators recognise each child as an individual and allow the children to develop skills and interests at their own pace.
All practices at Foundations are underpinned by The National Quality Framework which includes Early Years Learning Framework. For more information go to www.acecqa.gov.au/
Every child is an individual and has wonderful potential. It is the responsibility and the privilege of the adults around each child to support and encourage that child: To be themselves, to belong to their family and community, and to become whatever they want to be.
Foundations Family Day Care have a strong belief that children learn and grow through interactions with nature, other people and their community. We encourage our Educators to take children to places where they will be free to interact with natural environments, or to bring them into the home, so the children can learn and grow their skills and interests at their own pace.
In these interactions, children will build their self-confidence alongside their respect for themselves, others and the world around them. They will develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become life-long learners.
What makes us different?
- Our strong focus on children as individuals, to build their self-confidence and resilience
- Our encouragement for children to participate in natural environments and experiences wherever possible, including the use of stones, mud, rocks, wood, sand and wide open spaces, and support for our Educators to do so
- Our support for young children in developing pre-literacy and pre-numeracy skills
- Our desire to share our learning with others both within about outside our service, including families and our own and other services’ Educators
- Our ability to provide quality early childhood education and care in a home based setting
- We have two Service Supplied Educator Assistants available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Foundations Family Day Care offers greater flexibility for various childcare needs including:
- Full-time, Part-time or Casual care.
- Before/after school care for 5-12 yr olds.
- School holiday care for 5-12 yr olds.
- Care outside normal working hours.
- Weekend care.
- Respite and emergency care.
- Care for overnight and shift work.
- 24 hour care.