Having a background in Teaching, I’m extremely passionate about caring for children (I also have 2 young children of my own) and ensuring family values are instilled from the beginning. I place a strong emphasis on learning life skills and a high quality of education.
I have been running Sandhurst Family Day Care since the beginning of 2013.
I’m a qualified Teacher and have extensive knowledge and experience caring for children; having taught in Government, Private and Independent Schools since 2008, specialising in Health, Outdoor and Physical Education. I enjoy keeping fit and have been competing in Triathlon and Running events for over 20 years.
I provide a quality home-based child care and education service that offers a warm, safe, secure and stimulating home environment catering for young babies through to pre-school age children.
My aim is to provide a natural homely environment where there is a strong emphasis on care and respect for others as well as the environment. Opportunities are readily available to teach children to care of the world in which we live, including:
- A Sandpit for sensory, symbolic play
- Gardens and Vegetable Patches that children can tend to and grow their own plants from seeds
- Plants to encourage birds, butterflies and other insects
- Small pebbles, gravel, river rocks and grass for fine motor and imaginative play
- Water play areas for sensory play (baby and child friendly)
- Fruit Trees to care for throughout the different seasons
- Walking tracks throughout the estate which allow for children to safely experience the environment that Sandhurst has to offer
- Playground equipment within 300m of the home where children can play supervised and in a safe environment
All children’s learning and development is recorded in an individual portfolio and parents are regularly sent picture updates that capture their learning via Email and SMS.